Information and Parenting
- Respectfully Connected
- Parenting Autistic Children with Love & Acceptance
Here’s my Beginner’s Guide to the IEP post! It also includes a sample IEP that I made, along with an overview of the critical parts of an Individualized Education Program. Make sure to scroll to the bottom for a very long list of extra resources as well.
- TN STEP; this website has a lot of great information on navigating the special education setting. While based in Tennessee, the information is helpful for other states as well.
- A helpful page describing aspects of the IEP and help for famlies.
- A FAQ list over IEPs
Meltdowns and Emotional Regulation
I posted much more in-depth regarding meltdowns on my Managing and Preventing Meltdowns post, as I presented on it in a conference last year. It also has some printables and visuals you can use as well!
Here are some great resources in addition to the post:
- Understanding Autism, Aggression and Self-Injury: Medical Approaches and Best Support Practices
- 5 Point Scale
- ASAN: Color Communication Badges
- ASAN: Autism and Safety Toolkit
- Judy Endow, MSW, LCSW
Financial and Services Supports
- The Arc (often does family grants, respite, etc)