Welcome to the family!
Receiving a new diagnosis can be stressful, but it can also be a relief. Remember: nothing about you or your loved one has changed. You just have more information than you did before!
Resources for newly diagnosed autistic people:
- A free e-book explaining the spectrum and welcoming newly diagnosed autistics; there is an adolescent and adult version.
- Specifically for autistic women and non-binary individuals, created by the Autistic Women and Nonbinary Network (AWN)
Resources for parents, caregivers, and loved ones:
- Today, Your Child Was Diagnosed with Autism #AutismMoon, by Autistic, Typing
- Start Here: A Guide for Parents of Autistic Kids, by Autistic Self-Advocacy Network, Autistic Women and Nonbinary Network (AWN), Little Lobbyists, and The Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism
- Information & Resources for Parents & Caregivers of Newly Diagnosed Autistic Girls, by AWN